- This event has passed.
Julebyen Christmas Market
December 1 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pmFree
Velkommen! Julebyen (pronounced YOOL-eh-BE-en) means “Christmas Village”. It is a centuries-old Scandinavian and German tradition celebrated with ethnic foods, crafts, holiday decorations, and music. This December, Knife River (a fishing village of the North Shore of Lake Superior just north of Duluth) is home to an authentic, and unique Julebyen fest.
At Julebyen you will find:
* An Outdoor Market with foods and unique, hand-made gifts by local artisans.
* An Indoor Market full of hand-crafted decorations for your home.
* Troll Village , across the street, with a book corner meet regional authors and illustrators) and a variety of recreational exhibits and vendors.
* The Gnome Dome Visit the performance, activites and food tent for the Scandinavian Bakeri, live performers and workshops.
* Children’s Activities including craft workshops, fun races and learning activities, outdoor recreation, animals, and more.
There is much to explore. You can drive or take the train!
Come and enjoy the celebration!
We are just a short drive away from Duluth or Two Harbors.
The Julebyen Christmas Village is just 14 miles north of Duluth (or 8 miles south of Two Harbors) along the scenic shore of Lake Superior at the Knife River Recreation Center.