56th annual Bayfield Apple Festival, today through Sunday, Bayfield. Features local foods, parade and Apple Festival coronation. Go to bayfield.org or call (715) 779-3335.
Attend the annual craft sale sponsored by Douglas County Association of Home and Community Education, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Head of the Lakes Fairgrounds multipurpose building, 4700 Tower Ave., Superior. Admission: $1, includes a door prize ticket. Bring a food shelf donation to receive an extra door prize ticket. Call (715) 395-1363.
Sign up for the fourth annual Quarantine Duluth Zombie Bar Crawl, 7 p.m. Saturday. Afterparty at Rex Bar from midnight to close. Go to duluthdoeszombies.com.
Duluth News Tribune’s Area Voices writer Brandon Ferdig returns with stories and lessons from the road about humanity from his recent interactions throughout the Pacific Northwest, 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Radisson Hotel, 505 W. Superior St. He will also be selling and signing copies of his book, “Life Learned Abroad: Lessons on Humanity From China.” Free admission; donations welcome.
Register for Oaxacan Moles and Chile Sauces with Scott Graden, 6 p.m. Thursday, The Blue Heron Trading Co., 394 S. Lake Ave. Learn how to prepare classic moles and sauces and how to incorporate them in several entrees including green pumpkin seed and chocolate moles, red and green chile sauces, grilled chicken and beef tenderloin, huevos rancheros and sopapilla with vanilla butter and honey. Cost: $40. Call (218) 722-8799.
Get your tickets now to The Fur Gall Gala, 5 p.m. Oct. 14, Northland Country Club. Dinner at 7 p.m. followed by a live auction program. Proceeds benefit the Animal Allies Humane Society. Tickets: $100 per person. Go to animalallies.net.
• Glensheen Historic Estate, 3300 London Road, Duluth, offers a 39-room mansion and 7 acres of formal gardens and working vegetable gardens. Grounds hours: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily with tours offered from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily. Visit glensheen.wp.d.umn.edu or call (218) 726-8910.
• Duluth Depot, 506 W. Michigan St., includes Lake Superior Railroad Museum, Duluth Art Institute, St. Louis County Historical Society and Veterans’ Memorial Hall. Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Visit duluthdepot.org or call (218) 727-8025.
• Douglas County Historical Society, 1101 John Ave., Superior, offers exhibits, events and history theater. Hours: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays; noon to 8 p.m. Thursdays; 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Fridays; and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays. Call (715) 392-8449 or go to douglashistory.org.
• Great Lakes Aquarium, 353 Harbor Drive, Duluth, models a number of habitats from the Great Lakes and around the world. Hours: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily. Visit glaquarium.org or call (218) 740-3474.
• Lake Superior Zoo, 7210 Fremont St., Duluth, is the only zoo in Northeastern Minnesota and Northwestern Wisconsin. It features a wide variety of animals and educational displays. Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily through Oct. 31 and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Nov. 1 to April 30. Visit lszooduluth.org or call (218) 730-4500.
• North Shore Scenic Railroad, 506 W. Michigan St., Duluth. Go to northshorescenicrailroad.org or call (218) 722-1273 for details.
• Lake Superior & Mississippi Historic River Train fall color rides, 10:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. Saturdays as well as 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Sundays through Oct. 22, 7100 Grand Ave. Tickets available at lsmrr.org. Call (218) 624-7549 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.