For the Shopper
Find your treasure at the Duluth Junk Hunt, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. today and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Pioneer Hall, DECC. Admission: $5. Go to duluthjunkhunt.com or email email@example.com.
Find ballet and nutcracker type items at the Minnesota Ballet’s Sugar Plum Fair, 1:30-3:30 p.m. Sunday, Grain Exchange Adams Studio. Also features a silent auction, dessert and dance presentations. Admission: $5 at door. Call (218) 529-3742.
For the Music and Arts Lover
Don’t miss the Treasures Along the North Shore: A Belly Dance Show, 7:30 p.m. today, Teatro Zuccone, 222 E. Superior St. Tickets: $15 for adults, $12 for seniors and students and $6 for ages 4-11.
See the Willie Kruger Dance Competition, 2 p.m. Sunday, Grandma’s Sports Garden in Canal Park. Cheer on your favorite competitior.
Join the Zenith City Cabaret for an evening of musical theater entertainment in support of Dementia Friendly Duluth, 8 p.m. Tuesday, Zeitgeist Arts Cafe Atrium, 222 E. Superior St. Free admission. Go to dementiafriendlyduluth.org.
For the Learner
Check out all the activities available for Gales of November, today and Saturday, Lake Superior Maritime Museum. Go to lsmma.com for complete details.
Go to Healthy Duluth Ideas Fest, 5:30 p.m. Wednesday, Zeitgeist Teatro Zuccone Theater, 222 D. Superior St. Free admission. Call (218) 336-1368.
Sign up for “Giving Thanks” with Chad Nurminen, 11 a.m. as well as 6 p.m. Thursday, The Blue Heron Trading Co., 394 S. Lake Ave. Learn to make pumpkin bisque, cornbread and sausage stuffing, brussels sprouts au gratin, truffled mashed potatoes and cranberries with a twist. Cost: $30. Call (218) 722-8799 for required registration.
• Glensheen Historic Estate, 3300 London Road, Duluth, offers a 39-room mansion and 7 acres of formal gardens and working vegetable gardens. Grounds hours: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily with tours offered from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily. Visit glensheen.wp.d.umn.edu or call (218) 726-8910.
• Duluth Children’s Museum, 115 S. 29th Ave. W., Duluth, offers programs and exhibits for children and families. Hours: 10 a.m. to p.m. Tuesdays through Saturdays and noon to 5 p.m. Sundays. Visit playduluth.org or call (218) 733-7543.
• Duluth Depot, 506 W. Michigan St., includes Lake Superior Railroad Museum, Duluth Art Institute, St. Louis County Historical Society and Veterans’ Memorial Hall. Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Visit duluthdepot.org or call (218) 727-8025.
• Douglas County Historical Society, 1101 John Ave., Superior, offers exhibits, events and history theater. Hours: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays; noon to 8 p.m. Thursdays; 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Fridays; and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays. Call (715) 392-8449 or go to douglashistory.org.
• Great Lakes Aquarium, 353 Harbor Drive, Duluth, models a number of habitats from the Great Lakes and around the world. Hours: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily. Visit glaquarium.org or call (218) 740-3474.
• Lake Superior Zoo, 7210 Fremont St., Duluth, is the only zoo in Northeastern Minnesota and Northwestern Wisconsin. It features a wide variety of animals and educational displays. Hours: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thursdays through Mondays; closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Visit lszooduluth.org or call (218) 730-4500.
• North Shore Scenic Railroad, 506 W. Michigan St., Duluth. Go to northshorescenicrailroad.org or call (218) 722-1273 for details.
• Lake Superior & Mississippi Historic River Train fall color rides, 10:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. Saturdays as well as 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Sundays through Oct. 22, 7100 Grand Ave. Tickets available at lsmrr.org. Call (218) 624-7549 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.