Bring your blanket or lawn chair and watch “Second Hand Lions” screening for Movies in the Park, dusk today, Leif Erikson Park, 12th Avenue East and London Road. Free.
Shop at Woman-Made: Marvelous Things Made by Northland Women, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Somers Lounge, St. Scholastica. Free parking. Go to WendyUpNorth.com.
Attend the 28th annual Eveleth-Fayal Garden Club Flower Show & Plant Sale, noon to 3:30 p.m. Saturday, Fayal Town Hall, 4375 Shady Lane, Eveleth. Call (218) 744-2941.
Don’t miss Zenith City Cabaret, an evening of musical theater entertainment, 8 p.m. Saturday, Zeitgeist Arts Cafe Atrium, 222 E. Superior St. Free admission with a suggested donation of $10. Call (218) 590-8670 or go to zenithcitycabaret.org.
Take the Lakeside Garden Tour, 1-5 p.m. Sunday. Start at Lakeside Lester Park Community Club, 106 N. 54th Ave. E. and get your map between 1-3 p.m. and then continue to the gardens on a self-guided tour. Tickets: $10 per adult, $4 for ages 8-18 and free for ages 7 and younger. Call (218) 525-5098.
“Kong: Skull Island” screens at 6 p.m. Monday, Superior Public Library, 1530 Tower Ave., Superior. Rated PG-13. Free.
Listen to the sounds of Boku Frequency during the Chester Creek Concerts, 7 p.m. Tuesday, 1800 Skyline Parkway. Free.
Let the kids get involved in Wednesday Night at the Races, for children as old as 14, 6 p.m. Wednesday, Duluth East High School, 301 N. 40th Ave. E. Registration begins at 5 p.m. Free.
Love chamber music? Attend the Bonfire Chamber Music Festival, 7:30 p.m. Thursday and July 28, Reif Performing Arts Center, 720 N.W. Conifer Drive, Grand Rapids. Tickets: $12 for each performance or $20 for the series. Call (218) 327-5780 or go to reifcenter.org.
• Glensheen Historic Estate, 3300 London Road, Duluth, offers a 39-room mansion and 7 acres of formal gardens and working vegetable gardens. Grounds hours: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily with tours offered from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily. Visit glensheen.wp.d.umn.edu or call (218) 726-8910.
• Duluth Depot, 506 W. Michigan St., includes Lake Superior Railroad Museum, Duluth Art Institute, St. Louis County Historical Society and Veterans’ Memorial Hall. Hours: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily to Labor Day. Visit duluthdepot.org or call (218) 727-8025.
• Douglas County Historical Society, 1101 John Ave., Superior, offers exhibits, events and history theater. Hours: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays; noon to 8 p.m. Thursdays; 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Fridays; and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays. Call (715) 392-8449 or go to douglashistory.org.
• Great Lakes Aquarium, 353 Harbor Drive, Duluth, models a number of habitats from the Great Lakes and around the world. Hours: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily. Visit glaquarium.org or call (218) 740-3474.
• Lake Superior Zoo, 7210 Fremont St., Duluth, is the only zoo in Northeastern Minnesota and Northwestern Wisconsin. It features a wide variety of animals and educational displays. Hours: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Visit lszooduluth.org or call (218) 730-4500.
• North Shore Scenic Railroad, 506 W. Michigan St., Duluth. Go to northshorescenicrailroad.org or call (218) 722-1273 for details.
• Lake Superior & Mississippi Historic River Train, 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays through Oct. 22, 7100 Grand Ave. Call (218) 624-7549 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.