For the Family
The 59th Duluth International Rowing Regatta hosted by The Duluth Rowing Club, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday on Park Point, 3911 Minnesota Ave. Crews from throughout Minnesota, Wisconsin, Upper Michigan and Canada will be competing.
See Dances on the Lakewalk, 7 p.m. today and Saturday, Lake Place Park, North Second Avenue East and East Michigan Street. Go to facebook.com/freshwaterdancecollective.
Movies in the Park screens “Over the Hedge” at 9:05 p.m. today, Leif Erikson Park. Call (218) 727-8549 or go to downtownduluth.com.
A Night for the Natives, 9:30 p.m. today and 5:30 p.m. Saturday at Pizza Luce and Red Herring Lounge. A fundraiser for Native American Journalists Association. Tickets: $10 for one night or $15 for both. Call (218) 720-9666. Go to facebook.com/events/244834822665271 for complete details.
Listen to the music at Bayfront Reggae & World Music Festival, 11 a.m. Saturday, Bayfront Festival park. Tickets: $50 for adults, $45 for seniors, $25 for ages 12-17 and free for younger children with a paid adult. Call (218) 525-8099 or go to bayfrontworldmusic.com.
5K Trail Rivet Run/Walk, 10 a.m. Sunday, Pattison State Park, 6294 S. State Road 35, Superior, Cost: $35. Go to zapevent.com/reg/event/12073.
Lake Superior Day, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday at Barker’s Island Festival Park in Superior. Live music, kids’ activities, stand up paddleboarding, informational booths and food vendors. Free.
Check out the music at Chester Creek Concerts featuring Listening Party, 7 p.m. Tuesday, Chester Bowl, 1800 E. Skyline Parkway. Free.
Concerts on the Pier, 7 p.m. every Wednesday in July at Glensheen, 3300 London Road. Gates open at 6 p.m. This event is free and open to the public.
Have fun at Fairlawn’s Ice Cream Social, 5:30-8:30 p.m. Wednesday, Fairlawn Mansion, 906 E. Second St., Superior. Features carriage rides, games, cake walk, music and free group tours. Call (715) 394-5712 or go to superiorpublicmuseums.org.
For the Adults
Get your tickets to the Duluth Woman’s Club 50th anniversary Tour of Homes and Gardens, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday. Tickets: $30, includes lunch at the Duluth Woman’s Club. Call (218) 724-3168 or go to duluthwomansclub.com.
Head to the Lake Superior Rose Society’s Rose Show, noon to 3 p.m. Saturday, Valentini’s Vicino Lago, 1400 London Road. Free admission.
Have “Lunch with the History People,” noon to 1 p.m. Thursday, St. Louis County Historical Society, Ruth Maney Room, 506 W. Michigan St. Speaker: Author Brian McMahon on “Ford Motor Company’s Involvement in Duluth and the Iron Range.” Free. Call (218) 733-7568.
Make your reservations for the Duluth Garden Flower Society’s Secret Garden Tour, 8:15 a.m. to 2 p.m. July 29. Chauffeured bus tour with lunch is $35, or map-only tour is $17. Deadline for registration is July 21. Go to dgfs.org.
• Glensheen Historic Estate, 3300 London Road, Duluth, offers a 39-room mansion and 7 acres of formal gardens and working vegetable gardens. Grounds hours: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily with tours offered from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily. Visit glensheen.wp.d.umn.edu or call (218) 726-8910.
• Duluth Depot, 506 W. Michigan St., includes Lake Superior Railroad Museum, Duluth Art Institute, St. Louis County Historical Society and Veterans’ Memorial Hall. Hours: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily to Labor Day. Visit duluthdepot.org or call (218) 727-8025.
• Douglas County Historical Society, 1101 John Ave., Superior, offers exhibits, events and history theater. Hours: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays; noon to 8 p.m. Thursdays; 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Fridays; and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays. Call (715) 392-8449 or go to douglashistory.org.
• Great Lakes Aquarium, 353 Harbor Drive, Duluth, models a number of habitats from the Great Lakes and around the world. Hours: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily. Visit glaquarium.org or call (218) 740-3474.
• Lake Superior Zoo, 7210 Fremont St., Duluth, is the only zoo in Northeastern Minnesota and Northwestern Wisconsin. It features a wide variety of animals and educational displays. Hours: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Visit lszooduluth.org or call (218) 730-4500.
• North Shore Scenic Railroad, 506 W. Michigan St., Duluth. Go to northshorescenicrailroad.org or call (218) 722-1273 for details.
• Lake Superior & Mississippi Historic River Train, 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays through Oct. 22, 7100 Grand Ave. Call (218) 624-7549 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.